On the island of Maupiti, crew members experience the rarely seen technique of stone fishing.
Worldwide Voyage crew members visit Fare Hape, home of the Tahitian voyaging canoe Faʻafaite.
The two kiʻi that protect Hōkūleʻa are a reminder of the spirituality linking present voyages to the wisdom of…
The canoes pass the equator on their way to Tahiti and offer gifts of cultural remembrance. The ceremony is…
This is the story of traditional Hawaiian kākau (tattoo) artist, Keone Nunes, and the journey of cultural re-discovery inherent in kākau…
The community at Palekai, Hilo welcomed the Worldwide Voyage crew as they arrived there for their last stop in…
The community of Lāhainā, Maui, welcomes the Hōkūleʻa and Hikianalia crews on their first stop of the Worldwide Voyage.
Aside from physical training, the Worldwide Voyage requires spiritual and mental stability, which is being practiced through mele.
Mac Poepoe is one of a dying breed of skilled fisherman who approach their practice with a passion to…
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Nana i ke kumu. The five pillars of Polynesian voyaging. Herb Kane, Ben Finney, and Tommy Holmes were the founding…… https://t.co/7jJN0VLyoH
- And it all ends where it all began. Kualoa, Oahu. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/G7QGzDMlAD
- #tbt to this past Poaono when history was made. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/sxjELtND5I
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)
- Homecoming Reflection with Justyn Ah Chong: WWV Leg 17 (Brazil to the Virgin Islands)
- Homecoming Reflection with Maui Tauotaha: WWV Leg1 (Hawaiʻi to Tahiti)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 12 (Brisbane to Darwin)