At Hoʻomau Oʻahu, kula kaiapuni (Hawaiian language immersion schools) and Pūnana Leo preschools from across Oʻahu came together to…
Students from Hoʻoulu ʻŌpio Academy honor the past and embrace the future in this Mele Murals project in Heʻeia.
Lā Pilina is a senior legacy project from Kamehameha Schools Hawaiʻi senior Kaluhikaua Kaʻapana. She designed an event to…
Another Mele Murals project has begun. This time taking place at Blanche Pope Elementary School in Waimanalo.
The 9th grade class from Hālau Kū Māna have been taking Papa Waʻa or Canoe Class from the instructors…
Leonahe Crivello a 6th grader from Kaunakakai enlisted the help of NextEra Energy Hawai’i to cool her school.
Kula kaiapuni (Hawaiian language immersion schools) and Pūnana Leo preschools from across Oʻahu came together to share mele aloha…
Kula kaiapuni and Pūnana Leo from across Oʻahu came together to preform mele and hula celebrating akua Hawaiʻi…
Watch all the performances by Pūnana Leo and Kula Kaiapuni Immersion Schools at Hoʻomau 2013.
Pele, the primal force of volcanic heat and lava, leaves her ancient home of Kahiki and searches out a…
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Our first band of this season of Mele Ma Ka Lihiwai was Pōmaikaʻi Lyman with her friends Halehaku Seabury-Akaka, A…… https://t.co/F3eFGHvh0i
- The second day of filming starts soon with two more awesome groups ready to share their mele with us for Mele Ma K…… https://t.co/xYf0ZbRezb
- Happiest of birthdays to our very own @PalikuDocFilms https://t.co/IzwTLcHixf https://t.co/RP98w70U9p
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 2: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum (with English subtitles)
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)