Hōkūleʻa crew and friends were honored with a concert held at the United Nations in New York City on…
Listen to the original song by Carlos Andrade, called “Mālama Honua,” inspired by Hōkūle’a’s Worldwide Voyage.
Paula Fuga performs Star of Gladness at Hōkūleʻa’s New York City arrival ceremony.
Kula kaiapuni (Hawaiian language immersion schools) and Pūnana Leo preschools from across Oʻahu came together to share mele aloha…
The release of Project Kuleana 2 was celebrated by funders, artists, and community members.
Hawaiian male artists participated in an inter-island kani ka pila encouraging our kāne to ʻauamo kuleana. All performances were…
Hawaiian artists participated in an inter-island kani ka pila encouraging our kanaka to ʻauamo kuleana. All performances were recorded…
We sit down with the artists and producers of Project Kuleana 2 and learn the backstory of these groundbreaking...
Take a look at some Behind the Scenes footage from the production of Project Kuleana 2.
The highlight song of the Maunakea concert was the original composition “Warrior Rising” by Hāwane Rios featuring Lākea Trask.
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Our first band of this season of Mele Ma Ka Lihiwai was Pōmaikaʻi Lyman with her friends Halehaku Seabury-Akaka, A…… https://t.co/F3eFGHvh0i
- The second day of filming starts soon with two more awesome groups ready to share their mele with us for Mele Ma K…… https://t.co/xYf0ZbRezb
- Happiest of birthdays to our very own @PalikuDocFilms https://t.co/IzwTLcHixf https://t.co/RP98w70U9p
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 2: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum (with English subtitles)
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)