Each of our ʻŌiwi TV photographers who were crew members on board Hōkūleʻa and/or Hikianalia for the Mālama Honua…
Aotearoa (New Zealand) is facing a housing crisis. Families are sleeping rough as affordable accommodation slips out of reach….
Hōkūleʻa and her crew reach out to the community of Aotearoa, sharing the waʻa with thousands of people, before…
Mālama Honua brings Hawaiʻi’s education leaders to the Manaiakalani schools to learn about their innovative education practices.
During their long stay in Auckland Harbor, the Worldwide Voyage crew hosted educational outreach opportunities with the support of…
With a driving mission to protect their oceans, Sustainable Coastlines coordinated a week-long “Love Your Coast Waiheke Island” event…
With the art of wayfinding as the guide and the waʻa kaulua as their platform, the crews of Hōkūle’a…
Hōkūleʻa completes her journey through Polynesia as she arrives in Aotearoa for the second time in her history, 29…
Since its opening in 2012, Te Mirumiru has engrained in their children the concept of Mālama Honua, caring for…
Iā Maisey lāua ʻo JJ Rika i Hawaiʻi ua launa pū lāua me nā ʻōpio o Kanu o ka…
Posts tagged with ‘Aotearoa’
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Judge recommends BLNR approve TMT for permit via @StarAdvertiser https://t.co/igw3fCqn96 #Maunakea #AlohaAina
- Amidst tall buildings that hug the Waikiki coastline we're reminded of our kuleana today and for future generation…… https://t.co/mI44UHcSrg
- Our first band of this season of Mele Ma Ka Lihiwai was Pōmaikaʻi Lyman with her friends Halehaku Seabury-Akaka, A…… https://t.co/F3eFGHvh0i
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 2: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum (with English subtitles)
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)