Join in on a unique and unprecedented experience with Hālau o ke ʻAʻaliʻi Kū Makani as kumu hula Manu…
Ua mālama iho nei kahi hanana kuikawā a ka Hālau o Ke ʻAʻaliʻi Kū Makani, ʻo ia hoʻi ka…
Students from Hoʻoulu ʻŌpio Academy honor the past and embrace the future in this Mele Murals project in Heʻeia.
Another Mele Murals project has begun. This time taking place at Blanche Pope Elementary School in Waimanalo.
Mele Murals completed both their largest project yet and first collaboration with a DOE school at Kaimuki High School.
Master Hawaiian tattoo artist Keone Nunes infuses symbols that represent waterman values into designs for C4 Waterman apparel.
Timelapse of the Wyland Wall mural in Apia, Samoa.
Inspired by the Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage, renowned artist Wyland leaves his mark in Pago Pago: a new Wyland…
This is the story of traditional Hawaiian kākau (tattoo) artist, Keone Nunes, and the journey of cultural re-discovery inherent in kākau…
The Estria Foundation’s latest project, Mele Murals, was recently completed in the small town of Waimea on the island…
Posts tagged with ‘art’
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Nana i ke kumu. The five pillars of Polynesian voyaging. Herb Kane, Ben Finney, and Tommy Holmes were the founding…… https://t.co/7jJN0VLyoH
- And it all ends where it all began. Kualoa, Oahu. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/G7QGzDMlAD
- #tbt to this past Poaono when history was made. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/sxjELtND5I
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)
- Homecoming Reflection with Justyn Ah Chong: WWV Leg 17 (Brazil to the Virgin Islands)
- Homecoming Reflection with Maui Tauotaha: WWV Leg1 (Hawaiʻi to Tahiti)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 12 (Brisbane to Darwin)