Each of our ʻŌiwi TV photographers who were crew members on board Hōkūleʻa and/or Hikianalia for the Mālama Honua…
A huge gap exists between the health of Australia’s Indigenous nations and its non-Indigenous population. Australia’s Indigenous TV channel,…
Crewmember Dr. Ruth Gates is discovering how corals might survive ocean acidification and other threats pressuring the world’s reefs.
Hōkūleʻa crewmembers dive the Great Barrier Reef, before leaving Australia to sail into the Indian Ocean and arriving in…
The Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage visits the Great Barrier Reef and crewmembers learn about the collaborative management plan for…
Wordwide Voyage crewmembers visit a Reef Guardian school where students are learning by preserving the Great Barrier Reef.
The Worldwide Voyage brings schools from across the world together for a virtual field trip underwater.
Hōkūleʻa and her crew reach out to the community of Aotearoa, sharing the waʻa with thousands of people, before…
Hōkūleʻa sailed into the iconic Sydney Harbor and was welcomed to the country by the traditional owners of these…
Members of Hālau Mōhala ʻIlima and a handful of Kanu O Ka ʻĀina haumāna visited the Aboriginal community of…
Posts tagged with ‘Australia’
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Judge recommends BLNR approve TMT for permit via @StarAdvertiser https://t.co/igw3fCqn96 #Maunakea #AlohaAina
- Amidst tall buildings that hug the Waikiki coastline we're reminded of our kuleana today and for future generation…… https://t.co/mI44UHcSrg
- Our first band of this season of Mele Ma Ka Lihiwai was Pōmaikaʻi Lyman with her friends Halehaku Seabury-Akaka, A…… https://t.co/F3eFGHvh0i
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 2: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum (with English subtitles)
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)