“This is the Hikianalia crew that is taking the canoe from Honolulu, to Hilo, to the Western tip of...
Grammy award winner Kalani Peʻa was recently recognized by the Hawaiʻi State Legislature for all of his accomplishments, accolades,…
Kūpaʻa Thomas is one of three students here in Hawaiʻi who have been awarded the prestigious 2015 Gates Millenium…
Iā Maisey lāua ʻo JJ Rika i Hawaiʻi ua launa pū lāua me nā ʻōpio o Kanu o ka…
As Hōkūleʻa and Hikianalia sailed throughout the Pacific – from Hawaiʻi, to Tahiti, then Sāmoa – the crews found…
The Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage is far more than a training opportunity for a new generation of navigators: itʻs…
Eager for the journey ahead, the crew members share their thoughts and feelings before they depart. The community of…
Hilo is the most eastern port in Hawaiʻi, making it the ideal location for Hōkūleʻa and Hikianalia to stop…
Delaying departure out of Hilo due to weather is an important decision that leadership had to make.
The community at Palekai, Hilo welcomed the Worldwide Voyage crew as they arrived there for their last stop in…
Posts tagged with ‘Hawaii Island’
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Nana i ke kumu. The five pillars of Polynesian voyaging. Herb Kane, Ben Finney, and Tommy Holmes were the founding…… https://t.co/7jJN0VLyoH
- And it all ends where it all began. Kualoa, Oahu. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/G7QGzDMlAD
- #tbt to this past Poaono when history was made. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/sxjELtND5I
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)
- Homecoming Reflection with Justyn Ah Chong: WWV Leg 17 (Brazil to the Virgin Islands)
- Homecoming Reflection with Maui Tauotaha: WWV Leg1 (Hawaiʻi to Tahiti)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 12 (Brisbane to Darwin)