ʻO ko Hōkūleʻa holo ʻana i Tahiti i ka makahiki 1976; ka paio e pau ai ka hoʻopahū ʻia…
Hōkūleʻa’s 1976 voyage from Hawaiʻi to Tahiti; the occupation to stop the bombing of Kahoʻolawe that same year; the…
The Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage is far more than a training opportunity for a new generation of navigators: itʻs…
As Hōkūleʻa and Hikianalia made their way across the Hawaiian islands last year, their paths intertwined, using traditional knowledge…
As Hōkūleʻa crew begin to focus on their leg to Tahiti, canoe outreach is slowly moving towards digital outlets…
In 2013, Hōkūle’a and Hikianalia visited 33 communities on all islands, sailing 2,495 nautical miles and engaging more than…
Punahou School joined the Hokule’a Crew for an afternoon sail off the shores of Honolulu.
Make-A-Wish Hawaiʻi coordinated with Make-A-Wish New Jersey and were able to answer the wish of a young boy named…
In the past six months, Hōkūleʻa and Hikianalia have been visited by 20,000 school children that have connected with…
Although Waimānalo was one of the last stops of the Mālama Hawaiʻi voyage, masses still lined the shoreline as…
Posts tagged with ‘Malama Hawaii’
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Judge recommends BLNR approve TMT for permit via @StarAdvertiser https://t.co/igw3fCqn96 #Maunakea #AlohaAina
- Amidst tall buildings that hug the Waikiki coastline we're reminded of our kuleana today and for future generation…… https://t.co/mI44UHcSrg
- Our first band of this season of Mele Ma Ka Lihiwai was Pōmaikaʻi Lyman with her friends Halehaku Seabury-Akaka, A…… https://t.co/F3eFGHvh0i
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 2: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum (with English subtitles)
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)