At Hoʻomau Oʻahu, kula kaiapuni (Hawaiian language immersion schools) and Pūnana Leo preschools from across Oʻahu came together to…
From the classroom, to the workplace, to the airwaves, and once again in our own homes, the Hawaiian language…
Kula kaiapuni (Hawaiian language immersion schools) and Pūnana Leo preschools from across Oʻahu came together to share mele aloha…
“It’s not only that these keiki are growing up learning and speaking their language that makes these schools so…
What started in the early 1980s as a humble yet steadfast attempt to bring the nearly extinct native Hawaiian…
From the classrooms to the workplace, to the airwaves, and once again in our very own homes, ke ola…
Kula kaiapuni and Pūnana Leo from across Oʻahu came together to preform mele and hula celebrating akua Hawaiʻi…
Lolena Nicholas, a native of the isolated island of Niʻihau, was one of these very first native speakers that…
After 30 years of leading one of the strongest language movements ever, the Hawaiian Language College has its own…
Welcome to the final episode of the first season of Ka Leo ʻŌiwi. In this episode, we join with...
ʻAha Pūnana Leo
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Nana i ke kumu. The five pillars of Polynesian voyaging. Herb Kane, Ben Finney, and Tommy Holmes were the founding…… https://t.co/7jJN0VLyoH
- And it all ends where it all began. Kualoa, Oahu. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/G7QGzDMlAD
- #tbt to this past Poaono when history was made. #hokulea #hokuleahomecoming #malamahonua #oiwitv… https://t.co/sxjELtND5I
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)
- Homecoming Reflection with Justyn Ah Chong: WWV Leg 17 (Brazil to the Virgin Islands)
- Homecoming Reflection with Maui Tauotaha: WWV Leg1 (Hawaiʻi to Tahiti)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 12 (Brisbane to Darwin)