ʻO ko Hōkūleʻa holo ʻana i Tahiti i ka makahiki 1976; ka paio e pau ai ka hoʻopahū ʻia…
Hōkūleʻa’s 1976 voyage from Hawaiʻi to Tahiti; the occupation to stop the bombing of Kahoʻolawe that same year; the…
Join in on a unique and unprecedented experience with Hālau o ke ʻAʻaliʻi Kū Makani as kumu hula Manu…
Ua mālama iho nei kahi hanana kuikawā a ka Hālau o Ke ʻAʻaliʻi Kū Makani, ʻo ia hoʻi ka…
Grammy award winner Kalani Peʻa was recently recognized by the Hawaiʻi State Legislature for all of his accomplishments, accolades,…
Kaleo Manuiwa Wong addresses hundreds on the marae at Anakena.
Maunakea protectors observe a traditional change in season through ceremony and workshops as the supreme court halts construction.
Lolena Nicholas, a native of the isolated island of Niʻihau, was one of these very first native speakers that…
Worldwide Voyage crew members visit Fare Hape, home of the Tahitian voyaging canoe Faʻafaite.
The canoes pass the equator on their way to Tahiti and offer gifts of cultural remembrance. The ceremony is…
Posts tagged with ‘Olelo Hawaii’
About ʻŌiwi TV
ʻŌiwi TV produces top-quality documentaries, news and multimedia content from a uniquely Hawaiian perspective. The wisdom, beauty and power of Hawai‘i are the backdrop to the most important and interesting narratives of our generation. Founded by Nāʻālehu Anthony, Keoni Lee, and Amy Kalili, this next generation of Native Hawaiian storytellers aim to tell the stories of our land and our people.
The stories we tell—from the clients we work with to the questions we ask—are shaped by our aspiration to revitalize and affirm a positive native Hawaiian world view. We work to create a new narrative of the modern Hawaiian experience.
- Judge recommends BLNR approve TMT for permit via @StarAdvertiser https://t.co/igw3fCqn96 #Maunakea #AlohaAina
- Amidst tall buildings that hug the Waikiki coastline we're reminded of our kuleana today and for future generation…… https://t.co/mI44UHcSrg
- Our first band of this season of Mele Ma Ka Lihiwai was Pōmaikaʻi Lyman with her friends Halehaku Seabury-Akaka, A…… https://t.co/F3eFGHvh0i
Search ʻŌiwi TV
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 2: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum
- ʻĀhaʻi ʻŌlelo Ola | Episode 1, Part 1: Mauna Momentum (with English subtitles)
- Homecoming Reflection with Bryson Hoe: WWV Leg 13 (Australia to Indonesia)
- Homecoming Reflection with ʻĀina Paikai: WWV Leg 6 (Waitangi to Auckland)